FROM THE PASTOR
Dear Kingsland Church Family,
Worship is now being held on Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM on the White House lawn. Please join us! Online worship is offered each week and will continue.
On Sunday, June 14th, we are planning to reopen the Worship Center for worship at 10:30 AM.
The Church Council Executive Committee has been closely monitoring recommendations from the United Methodist Church, the state of Georgia, and the CDC regarding safely reopening our church. Going forward we will be following these recommendations for incremental opening as they are updated, to help ensure the safety of everyone.
- By using our available space (Worship Center / Gathering Place) we can maintain the recommended six feet of distance between individuals/family groups. Plans include adding a monitor to The Gathering Place as needed to accommodate overflow.
- At this time Sunday School will not meet on Sunday mornings and we will not provide childcare.
- Those who considered themselves at risk due to age or underlying health conditions may want to postpone returning to church and continue to worship online.
- If you feel ill, please stay home.
- Please maintain the recommended six feet of physical distance for individuals/families when arriving and departing the church, as well as outside on church grounds. For everyone’s safety, please avoid gathering in groups in the Narthex and in front of the church before and after services.
- Everyone is asked to wear a mask to help keep each other safe. Feel free to bring your own mask. Masks will also be available at the door.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located around the facility. Frequent hand washing and hand sanitizer use is encouraged.
- Cleaning of the facility will be done following worship according to recommendations.
- Our doors will be open when you arrive on Sunday morning. The ushers will assist with seating to help maintain the recommended 6 feet of distance between individuals/family groups.
- We will be using the monitors in lieu of paper to communicate information. The church bulletin, church contact information, prayer wall for prayer requests, and online giving options are available on our website and through our church app at kingslandfirstumc.org .
- Offerings can be placed in the collection boxes located in the Worship Center.
It will be good to be together again, and yet it will be different than what we are accustomed to. We will not greet each other with handshakes and hugs or serve coffee & donuts. Congregational singing is not recommended at this time. We will not hold hands at the conclusion of the worship service.
We will prayerfully seek and follow the leading of God’s Holy Spirit as together we discover and live into our new normal in Christ.
God bless you and your precious loved ones! And, God bless Kingsland First UMC as I am,
Yours in Christ,
If you know of someone who does not have access to email or social media, please have them contact our church office by phone, (912) 729-5445 ext. 1.
Our Food Pantry will remain open Thursdays. Food Pantry volunteers will greet clients outside, or at their vehicle, in order to minister to them with food, clothing, prayer, etc.
Image already added
Image already added